SportsCompetition support, officials, scorekeeping, timekeeping, ball persons, team and athlete support, sport venue and access support.
Special EventsAll non-competition events & social activities such as (but not limited to) Awards Operations, Awards Production, Opening and Closing Ceremonies, Fan Zone, Healthy Athlete Medical Exams, Young Athletes Festival, Young Healthy Athletes, Unified Sports.
OperationsEmergency Management, IT, Credentials, Catering/Food Service, Waste Management, Sustainability, Volunteers, Accommodations, Logistics, Transportation, Security, Safety, Weather Plan, Family Program, Fan Services, Delegation Services, Baggage Handling and Bus Captains.
Marketing & DevelopmentMedia Operations, Social Media, Copywriting/Editing, Graphic Design, Content Development, Photography, Video Production, Asset Tagging & Uploading, Partner activation, Ambassador relations.
- Volunteers must be a minimum of 16 years of age by June 5, 2022.
- Volunteers 16-17 years old must have a parent or legal guardian sign their waiver and permission form.
- Each volunteer must have their own email address for registration and online training purposes
- Some volunteer roles require a background check, motor vehicle check and/or a non-disclosure agreement.
- Each volunteer must sign up for a minimum of three (3) shifts.
- Volunteers must follow all health, safety, venue operating guidelines and volunteer code of conduct.
- Any individual, company or nonprofit interested in organizing a volunteer group will be able to submit an application for review/approval in the Fall of 2021.
- Must have a minimum of 20 people, each of whom will volunteer a minimum of two (2) shifts.
- If these criteria cannot be met, people can still volunteer as an individual.
Volunteer Registration & Shift Selection
- Summer 2021 – People interested in volunteering can register by creating an account in the Volunteer Management System.
- Fall 2021 – Volunteer Group application instructions will be available. Group registration and shift selection will be available.
- Early 2022 - Shifts will open for individual volunteers to make selections.
Volunteer Training & Orientation
- Spring 2022, each volunteer will receive a link to take their required online training.Once training is complete, you will receive additional information about the Games and your role and be eligible to receive your credential and Games-issued items.
- On-site orientation sessions will be held before the Games for volunteers to pick up their t-shirt, credential, and cap, receive venue specific training and tour the venue. Attendance at one of the orientation sessions is strongly encouraged and will allow you to "jump the line" to express check-in for your first shift and you will be better prepared to perform your role. If you are traveling and not yet in the area, you will need to do your orientation before your first shift and will be scheduled for that additional time.
Sports Venues at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort700 S. Victory Way, Orlando, FL 34747 (407) 939-1500
Athletics – ESPN Wide World of Sports Track & Field Complex
Basketball – Visa Athletic Center
Cheerleading – The Arena
Flag Football – Marathon Fields 18, 19, 21 & 23
Gymnastics – The Arena
Powerlifting – The Arena
Soccer – Marathon Fields 16 & 17, 7 & 9
Softball – Diamondplex
Bocce and Volleyball – To Be Determined
Sports Venues on Disney property but not at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
Surfing – Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Special Events & Support Areas at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
Athlete Meals – To Be Determined
Awards – The Arena
CEO Challenge – The Stadium at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
Chill Zone – Field 25
Closing Ceremony – The Arena
Fan Zone – Field 20
Healthy Athlete Exams – HP Field House
Sensory Zone – To Be Determined
Unified Sports Activities – Field 25
Young Athletes Festival/Young Healthy Athletes – Field 20
ORLANDO, ORANGE COUNTY & OSCEOLA COUNTY VENUES
• Bowling – Boardwalk Bowl Entertainment Center | 10749 E Colonial Blvd | Orlando 32817
• Equestrian – Osceola Heritage Park (Silver Spurs Arena) | 1875 Silver Spur Lane | Kissimmee 34744
• Golf – Orange County National Golf Center and Lodge | 16301 Phil Ritson Way | Winter Garden 34787
• Stand Up Paddle Board & Open Swim – Lucky’s Lake, Lake Cane | 6645 Lake Cane Drive | Orlando 32819
• Swimming – Rosen Aquatic & Fitness Center | 8422 International Drive | Orlando 32819
• Tennis – USTA National Campus | 10000 USTA Blvd | Orlando 32827
• Triathlon – Waterfront Park at Lake Minneola (mix in with existing Tri event) | 330 3rd Street | Clermont 34711
Special Events & Support Area Venues
• Delegation Arrivals/Departures – Amtrak Train Station at Orlando International Airport Intermodal Terminal Facility |
1 Jeff Fuqua Blvd | Orlando 32827
• Opening Ceremony Staging – Amway Center | 400 W. Church Street | Orlando 32801
• Cheer Line – Path walked by athletes between Amway Center and Exploria Stadium for Opening Ceremony
• Opening Ceremony/Ticketed Event – Exploria Stadium | 655 W. Church Street | Orlando 32805
• Delegation Arrivals/Departures – Orlando Executive Airport | 365 Rickenbacker Drive | Orlando 32803
• Delegation Arrivals/Departures – Orlando International Airport | 1 Jeff Fuqua Blvd | Orlando 32827
• Delegation Arrivals/Departures Orlando Sanford International Airport | 1200 Red Cleveland Blvd | Sanford 32773
• Warehouse – To Be Determined
• Other Pre-Games Special Events – Locations To Be Determined
• Parking is complimentary at all competition venues.
• Parking at Opening Ceremony for working volunteers is still To Be Determined.
• General and valet parking at Disney Resorts when staying at a Disney Resort is paid parking and the responsibility of the volunteer.
• Please leave valuables at home. Do not leave valuables in your car/visible. The 2022 USA Games organization and venue are not responsible for loss or damage to your vehicle or personal property.
• Transportation to & from Central Florida, competition venues, non-competition venues, airports and Opening Ceremony is the responsibility of the volunteer.
• Disney may offer very limited transportation to & from select Disney Resorts and ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex for Resort guests.
Volunteers working three (3) shifts or more will receive two (2) Games T-shirts and a Games cap. Please do not alter these items in any way. Khaki pants, shorts, skirts in good condition/appearance are preferred clothing to wear with your Games-issued t-shirt. Group volunteers working two (2) shifts will receive one (1) Games T-shirt and a games cap.Clothing that is not allowed:
• Jeans (Except at Equestrian)
• Clothing with holes/tears or branding
• Low-riding pants
• No political, cause marketing or commercial, slogans, logos or branding may be worn other than what appears on your Games issued items.
• Natural hair color at Walt Disney World Resort venues.
• It will be summertime and many positions are outdoors so please take precautions such as staying hydrated with a reusable water bottle you can refill onsite, sunscreen, non-mirrored sunglasses and sun-reflective under shirt/clothing.
• Volunteers may wear their own non-logoed fanny pack, small backpack or shoulder bag during their shift. No lockers or storage is available so you will want to pack light and plan to keep the item on you at all times.