Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the 2022 Special Olympics USA Games. You will be part of making history as the USA Games will be the largest humanitarian event ever held in Florida.
We need more than 10,000 volunteers to fill over 28,000 shifts to make these the best Games ever and give the Special Olympics athletes the outstanding experience they deserve and will cherish for a lifetime.
Please see below for information and the link to register. Thank you so much and welcome to the volunteer team! Together, we #ShineAsOne.
SportsCompetition support, scorekeeping, timekeeping, ball persons, team and athlete support, sport venue and access support.
Special EventsAll non-competition events & social activities such as (but not limited to) Awards Operations, Awards Production, Opening and Closing Ceremonies, Fan Zone, Healthy Athlete Medical Experience, Unified Sports.
OperationsEmergency Management, IT, Credentials, Catering/Food Service, Sustainability, Volunteers, Accommodations, Logistics, Transportation, Security, Safety, Weather Plan, Family Program, Fan Services, Delegation Services, and Bus Captains.
Marketing & DevelopmentMedia Operations, Social Media, Copywriting/Editing, Graphic Design, Content Development, Video Production, Asset Tagging & Uploading, Partner activation, Ambassador relations.
- Volunteers must be a minimum of 15 years old by June 5, 2022.
- Minor volunteers 15-17 years old must have a parent or legal guardian complete their registration and hand-sign their waivers.
- Each volunteer must have their own email address and mobile phone number for registration. No sharing emails/phone #s.
- Volunteers are required to sign a 2022 Special Olympics USA Games waiver and an ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex waiver. Adults have the option to sign the waivers electronically online.
- Minor volunteers must have their Parent or Legal Guardian print out, hand-sign and upload the Games and ESPN Complex waivers to their profile in the Volunteer Management System.
- Some volunteer roles require a background check, motor vehicle check and/or a non-disclosure agreement.
- We ask Volunteers to sign up for a minimum of two(2) shifts.
- Volunteers must follow all health, safety, venue operating guidelines and volunteer code of conduct at all times.
- Volunteers must complete required online training and orientation before receiving credentials, Game issued items and before volunteering.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts to ensure you receive Games updates and scheduling information.
Individual Volunteer Registration & Shift Selection
- Individual Adult & Minor Volunteers Register at the link before the FAQ section of this page.
- Individual Medical & Health Volunteers ONLY click here and use Access Code: MHHAMS2022M to register.
- Once Volunteers register, they receive a confirmation registration email with the link to the Shift Selection site and instructions for selecting shifts.
- Minor Volunteers - A Parent or Legal Guardian must upload the Games waiver and ESPN Complex waiver to the Minor's profile during registration. The links to the waivers are on the Home Page of the Registration site.
Volunteer Training & Orientation
- In April, each volunteer will receive a link to take their required online training. Once training is complete, you will receive additional information about the Games and your role and be eligible to receive your credential and Games-issued items.
- Volunteer Orientation will be held on May 14, 2022 in the morning at the Arena at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. Volunteers will be able to pick up their credential, t-shirt and Games-issued items at Orientation. We encourage attendance to help prepare you for your role and to collect your Games- items. If you cannot attend, the session will be recorded and volunteers will be able to pick up their items on other dates in late May and early June. Details will be shared soon.
- Out-of-town volunteers and those not able to attend an Orientation session will need to pick up their credential, T-shirt, Cap and swag bag at the Games Central Distribution Center. Dates to pick up will be May 28 & 29, June 1-5. More details on location and times will be provided soon.
Download The App
- The best way to stay up to date on everything USA Games is to download the Games app and create an account. Please check and verify the email we send you, and then you are set to log into the app and get started.
Sports Venues at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort700 S. Victory Way, Orlando, FL 34747 (407) 939-1500
Athletics – ESPN Wide World of Sports Track & Field Complex
Basketball – Visa Athletic Center
Cheerleading – The Arena
Flag Football – Marathon Fields 18, 19, 21 & 23
Gymnastics – The Arena
Powerlifting – The Arena
Soccer – Marathon Fields 16 & 17, 7 & 9
Softball – Diamondplex
Volleyball - Visa Center
Sports Venues on Disney property but not at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
Surfing – Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Bocce - Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Special Events & Support Areas at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
Athlete Meals – To Be Determined
Awards – The Arena
CEO Challenge – The Stadium at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
Chill Zone – Field 25
Closing Ceremony – The Arena
Fan Zone – Field 20
Healthy Athlete Exams – State Farm Field House
Sensory Zone – State Farm Field House
Unified Sports Activities – Field 25
Young Athletes Festival/Young Healthy Athletes – Field 20
ORLANDO, ORANGE COUNTY & OSCEOLA COUNTY VENUES
• Bowling – Boardwalk Bowl Entertainment Center | 10749 E Colonial Blvd | Orlando 32817
• Equestrian – Osceola Heritage Park (Silver Spurs Arena) | 1875 Silver Spur Lane | Kissimmee 34744
• Golf – Orange County National Golf Center and Lodge | 16301 Phil Ritson Way | Winter Garden 34787
• Stand Up Paddle Board & Open Swim – Lucky’s Lake, Lake Cane | 6645 Lake Cane Drive | Orlando 32819
• Swimming – Rosen Aquatic & Fitness Center | 8422 International Drive | Orlando 32819
• Tennis – USTA National Campus | 10000 USTA Blvd | Orlando 32827
• Triathlon – Waterfront Park at Lake Minneola (mix in with existing Tri event) | 330 3rd Street | Clermont 34711
Special Events & Support Area Venues
• Post Opening Ceremony Event(For Delegations) – Amway Center | 400 W. Church Street | Orlando 32801
• Opening Ceremony/Ticketed Event – Exploria Stadium | 655 W. Church Street | Orlando 32805
• Delegation Arrivals/Departures – Orlando Executive Airport | 365 Rickenbacker Drive | Orlando 32803
• Delegation Arrivals/Departures – Orlando International Airport | 1 Jeff Fuqua Blvd | Orlando 32827
• Parking is complimentary at all competition venues.
• Parking at Opening Ceremony for working volunteers will be provided until capacity of lot is reached.
• General and valet parking at Disney Resorts when staying at a Disney Resort is paid parking and the responsibility of the volunteer.
• Please leave valuables at home. Do not leave valuables in your car/visible. The 2022 USA Games organization and venue are not responsible for loss or damage to your vehicle or personal property.
• Transportation to & from Central Florida, competition venues, non-competition venues, airports and Opening Ceremony is the responsibility of the volunteer.
• Disney may offer very limited transportation to & from select Disney Resorts and ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex for Resort guests.
Volunteers receive one(1) T-shirt when fulfilling two(2) shifts or two(2) T-shirts for three(3) or more shifts Volunteers also receive a Games bucket cap. Please do not alter these items in any way. Khaki pants, walking shorts, or skirts in good condition/appearance are preferred clothing to wear with your Games-issued T-shirt. The length of the shorts or skirts should be below the fingertips of the volunteer while standing with her/his arms extended straight down.Clothing, accessories, and headwear that is not allowed:
• Clothing with holes/tears or branding
• Low-riding pants
• No political, cause marketing or commercial slogans, logos or branding accessories including buttons or pins(Games pins are approved), jewelry or clothing may be worn other than what appears on your Games issued items.
• It will be summertime and many positions are outdoors so please take precautions such as sunscreen, non-mirrored sunglasses and sun-reflective under shirt/clothing.
• Volunteers may wear their own small-sized, non-logoed fanny pack, backpack or shoulder bag during their shift. No lockers or storage is available so you will want to pack light and plan to keep the item on you at all times.